Did you know that firefighters in the U.S respond to a fire alert every 23 seconds?
If that isn’t surprisingly shocking, 2018 alone had over 100,000 fire incidents in non-residential buildings, leading to losses of over 2 billion USD.
Fire alarm inspection software tools are helping strengthen fire safety for modern businesses. But not all tools are created equal.
The right software solution could help you save thousands of dollars and a lot of stress.
Key Commonalities Among Fire Inspection Software
Fire alarm inspection software help businesses to maintain their buildings’ fire alarm systems.
Depending on the industry, type and scope of fire hazard preventive equipment, different types of fire inspection software are used. Regardless of the brand name of these programs, most of them have common baseline features to make them usable from long term point of view.
Some of the most sought out features among top rated fire inspection software are, but not limited to the appended highlights:
- Automated checklists to help conduct thorough inspections and ensure no action item gets overlooked, or missed.
- Task tracking lets you track progress on each inspection and gain oversight.
- Inspection reports let you see the state of your fire safety protocols.
6 Best Fire Inspection Software To Use In 2023
Xenia powers fire inspections and fire equipment maintenance activities through robust inspections and task management features including a custom checklist builder and activity log.
Xenia has pre-built inspection checklists to upkeep fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and emergency procedures. Managers can automate upkeep with recurring tasks that can be tracked and measured for improvement.
Via the mobile app, staff can easily log maintenance and inspections with photos and notes to clearly communicate work and provide an audit trail for compliance. Xenia even connects staff members with chats and alerts to ensure the right work is done every time.
The best part is that Xenia’s full breadth of feature set sprawls many use cases from preventive maintenance to team accountability, powering a wide variety of frontline teams including: maintenance, custodians, security, and more.
With one app, organizations automate processes, save costs, reduce back and forth between teams, and maintain all their company data in one place that can be accessed from any time, anywhere.
- Easy-to-use Operations Management: Xenia is the most accessible fire alarm inspection tool. This means that teams can quickly get started.
- Pre-built Checklists: Choose from hundreds of pre-built checklists that let you run thorough inspections on your fire alarms and achieve compliance standards such as NPFA and OSHA.
- Custom Checklists: Create your checklists with multiple types of responses. Xenia lets you add pass/fail checks, meter readings, unit measurements of your choice, pictures, documents, and more.
- Task Management: Assign tasks to your team, set deadlines, and track progress.
- Recurring inspections: Set checklists and tasks to be regular, so every assessment is carried out on time.
- Quality Assurance Checks: Each inspection receives a score at the end so you can gauge the health of your fire alarms at a glance.
- Employee Availability: Check who’s available on the team to take on an inspection.
- Instant Messages: Stay connected with your team, solve problems, and collaborate on the go.
- Data Dashboards: Create digital audit trails for all your inspections and assets. View inspection performance and task management. This also helps forecast needs and update equipment if their performance is depleting.
- Free Forever Plan: Starts at $0 per month for up to 5 users.
- Starter Plan: Starting at $49 per month for first 20 users.
- Premium Plan(*best Value): Starting at $99 per month for first 20 users and unlimited access to core features.
- Custom Plans: Let's connect for more details.
Available for up to 5 users
Premium for $99/month for the first 20 users (with free trial period)
Available on iOS, Android and Web
Firelab is a dedicated equipment and fire safety management tool for fire protection companies. This works well for fire protection companies and those needing better fire safety protocols.
- Reports: Preview custom reports for all your fire equipment health and finances
- Instant Messaging: send messages across the team and stay connected
- Inventory Management: manage your assets and their depreciation
- Work order Management: complete service calls efficiently
- Recurring Inspections: receive monthly updates for each regular task
- Employee Management: track where your employees are and dispatch where needed
- Basic plan, also known as Spark, starts at $299 per month
- Flame plan starts at $399 per month
- Blaze plan starts at $499 per month
As a dedicated fire prevention and fire equipment maintenance software, FireMate hails as an Australian brand in the SaaS world.
The app integrates custom built asset management system, automatic compliance reports and budget management, specially designed for the fire industry. To that effect, if you need a software that's only built for handling fire equipment maintenance, fire hazard preventions, site inspection and stuff like that, FireMate’s got it all.
- Designed and developed specifically for the fire industry
- Customizable templates
- Dedicated invoicing and defect quoting system
- Upload on-site photos directly through FireMate mobile app
- FireMate desktop version offers snapshots of critical information and business insights on the go
- 24/7 data security and guaranteed accessibility through remote locations
- FireMate’s pricing plans are available on contact. Get in touch with their sales team to book a demo, or for further details.
4. First Due
First Due is an operations management tool for managing fire safety processes across prevention, response, incident reporting, assets, and personnel.
It is specifically developed for first responders, EMS workers, and fire service personnel, so if those are your use cases, this might be a good fit.
- Fire Prevention Checklists: Use fire alarm inspection checklists and schedule them in advance
- Scheduling & Team Management: Manage your team, employee availability, shifts, and rotations. You can also track time-offs and vacancies within First Due.
- Mobile Responder: Get notified about fire incidents and respond immediately. Equip your first responders with all the data they need for firefighting
- Asset Management: Manage all your equipment, assign it to employees, and create work orders.
- First Due’s pricing plans are available on contact since they’re offering multiple products on one platform.
Streamline is a dedicated fire inspection tool. It’s primarily popular with local and state government bodies, but several businesses also use Streamline to reduce fire risks at their properties.
- Fire Inspection Forms: Utilize checklists for a range of fire safety equipment, including fire alarms and fire hydrants
- Violations: Add violations after you complete forms where action items for an inspection might’ve failed. Assign them to your team and track open & closed violations for all your equipment
- Custom Reports: Generate custom reports for all your tasks and forms
- Facility Management: Manage all your fire response operations and track the status within Streamline.
- SteamLine's pricing plans are available on contact.
SmartServ is a field service tool that offers tasks and operations management. It comes with fire inspection forms, checklists, and a reporting module that lets you overview performance.
- Custom Fire Inspection Forms:
Use a range of form templates or create your own to inspect your fire alarm inspection system. Use NFPA-recommended inspection forms to quickly implement preventive maintenance for your fire safety equipment.
- Scheduling: Assign work, create recurring tasks, and schedule reassignments within Smart Serv
- Reports: Pull custom reports for all your inspections and tasks to track progress and quality
- Online Payments & Invoicing: Create invoices and process payments
- Contact SmartServ’s official sales team to get information on pricing plans, or to book a demo
With so many different tools on the market, it can take time to pick the right one. An excellent way to decide is to look at how big of a feature set you need.
On one hand, there are all-in-one operations & maintenance tools such as Xenia; on the other, you have more dedicated fire inspection services such as FireMate. So, how do you decide on which software to sign up for?
Assess your business’s requirements against the features that these companies are offering. Or better yet, you can sign up for a free demo to get a better idea on how things will eventually scale for your company.
If your favorite fire inspection software isn’t mentioned on our list, feel free to reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you.