What is a classroom cleaning checklist?
A classroom cleaning checklist is a list of the things that need to be done to keep your classroom clean. It should include things like emptying garbage cans, wiping down desks, and cleaning the chalkboard. A classroom cleaning checklist can be used for many things. It can help you remember what needs to be done so that your classroom stays neat and tidy. You could also use it as a reminder of what needs to be done after school or between classes in order for your students' learning environment not be disrupted by messy conditions around them while they are working on their assignments! You should include everything that needs to be done in order to keep your classroom clean. For example, if you have a floor mat for kids to sit on when they are doing their work, you will want to make sure that it is clean as well. You may also want to include things like any special cleaning tools or supplies that you need for the classroom.
Some common items that might be included on a classroom cleaning checklist are:
- Dusting: This includes wiping down desks, shelves, and other surfaces to remove dust and debris.
- Cleaning windows and mirrors: This includes washing windows and mirrors to remove smudges and fingerprints.
- Vacuuming or sweeping the floors: This includes using a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove dirt and debris from the floor.
- Wiping down surfaces: This includes using a damp cloth or disinfectant spray to clean and disinfect surfaces, such as desks, chairs, and doorknobs.
- Cleaning the whiteboard or chalkboard: This includes erasing and cleaning the whiteboard or chalkboard so that it is ready for the next class.
- Organizing classroom materials: This includes returning books, pencils and other materials to their proper place and putting away any items that have been left out.
- Disinfecting: Use a recommended cleaning solution to disinfect the classrooms' high touch points such as door handles, light switches, faucets, etc.
- Check air filters: Changing or cleaning air filters, making sure that the air conditioning or heating system is working properly.
It is important to customize the checklist to the specific needs of the school and classroom, depending on the classroom's layout, equipment, and the school's policies, some items may need to be added or removed. Also, it is essential to keep track of the tasks that have been completed and when, usually this is done by using a date or initials of the person who performed the task.