What is a Church Maintenance Checklist?
A Church Maintenance Checklist is a list of tasks and items that need to be regularly inspected, cleaned, and maintained in order to keep a church in good working order. This can include tasks such as checking and cleaning HVAC filters, inspecting and maintaining electrical systems, and checking for signs of damage or wear in areas such as the roof, walls, and flooring. The checklist may also include tasks related to the grounds, such as mowing the lawn, trimming bushes and trees, and checking for pests.
Depending on the size and age of the church, the checklist may also include tasks such as inspecting and maintaining the church's plumbing, checking and maintaining fire safety systems, and performing regular deep cleaning of the church's interior and exterior.
It's important for the church staff, administrator, or maintenance team to periodically review this checklist and update it as necessary to ensure all of the necessary tasks are being performed in a timely manner.
Some examples of things that can be included in a Church Maintenance Checklist:
- Checking and cleaning air filters
- Inspecting and maintaining electrical systems
- Checking for leaks or damage in the roof, walls, and flooring
- Inspecting and maintaining the church's plumbing
- Checking and maintaining fire safety systems
- Cleaning and organizing the church's interior and exterior
- Maintenance of the church's grounds and landscaping
- Upkeep of church signage and parking lot
- Checking and maintaining the church's sound and AV equipment
- Regular safety drills and emergency plans review
- Inspection of the Church's heating and cooling equipment.
- Any other task that is important for the proper functioning and safety of the church